[QuadList] VTR introduction anniversaries: 1965

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 07:39:11 CST 2011

I got the brains working a little better.

The tubes in the VR-2000 were in the Mark 10 head pre-amp.  These were  the
four Nuvistors.  Don't see those any more.  The manual that came  with my
1200 talked about shorting bars in the head pre-amp to reduce the  gain.  I
have no idea how that worked.

There TR-70 had a modification kit for the machine to replace a tube
driver in the record amps.  It was something I remember the U of M Dental  school
operator showed me.

Those were the only tubes that I am aware of other than the scope and
monitors in the units.

The audio was transistorized as stated in another reply.  There were
several modification bulletins for this part of the machine.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

In a message dated 2/9/2011 11:12:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,