[QuadList] Picture of the Day for Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011--Bonus Round

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Wed Feb 16 23:55:17 CST 2011

Has anyone talked about building a new signal system for one of these machines.

I would imagine that the entire thing could fit on a small board with a few FPGAs.

I tried writing to a person who is an FPGA programmer and chip designer with the idea, but I never got a response.

You could have all the controls in the digital realm and be able to recall them for the same tape type or whatever machine or head was used and be able to track that info.

Just something I think about from time-to-time.

Scott Thomas