[QuadList] Jeporady Question of the Day--And the answer is RCA TR-700

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Feb 23 00:38:32 CST 2011

If the sketch is somewhere near scale, one could estimate the
dimensions by using the diameter of a Quad reel (as shown) for a
reference.

Visual estimate:  36" to the top of the bottom doors. Another 36" to
the bottom of the monitor bridge, or 72".

Did they have 6' 5" tall designers or engineers in Camden?

In addition to "neck crink" capabilities, I'd think the scopes' height
above straight-on eyeline and resulting Parallax between scope trace
and graticule might be something to consider.  Nothing like having
your measurements and settings off by something significant. More of a
problem with shorter users.

Wonder what the smaller screen under the color monitor was showing?

Ted