[QuadList] Jeeopardy Question

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Wed Feb 23 10:09:05 CST 2011

The TR600 was a bit of a disaster over here in the UK

It was designed around the editor controller (AE600)

which was a bit of a handful to drive and  made a simple task difficult

in three machine edit mode it used stagger starts

The TR800 was late onto the market and was intended to interface again to
the AE 600

So we had an unpopular editor driving unpopular quads, with a 1 " option
that came after everyone had invested in VPR'2s

Two companies I know invested in TR600's I worked for one YTV

and the other one (LWT) invested in TR800's too

we solved the edit problem with a CMX edge  (out of the frying pan into the
fire)

but at least the VT machines worked

Once you have produced a poor product it becomes difficult to convince the
market your next product is OK

With a chain of TCR100 TR600 and AE 600 the TR800 might not be a wise
purchase and the small ENG camera (TK76 I think) had PAL problems too

Also their UK factory in Jersey (channel islands) had shut so support was a
problem

Shame really I loved the TR70B's and  RCA engineers were a great bunch

TrevorB

UK member