[QuadList] Jeeopardy Question

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Feb 23 10:42:17 CST 2011

Good question, Chris!

Can you scan the catalog page and post?

The TR-22HL was shown at the 1965 NAB in Washington, DC.

It was priced at $72,000 and had modules for both High and Low Band
according to Abramson's "History of Television, 1942 to 2000."

The more flexible TR-70 debuted at $82,500.

Also introduced, the Visual/Allen V/A 100G for $100,000, poised as a
mastering machine and for multiple generation copies.

I've seen references to RCA-badged IVC machines.  IVC OEM'd for Bell
and Howell—owned one now in Pennsylvania.  I seem to think they also
did so for GE, but could be mistaken.

Ted

On Feb 23, 2011, at 5:14 AM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

> The answer is that RCA introduced the TR-22HL as their first High
> Band Quad.  The 1966 catalog featured the machine on the cover.  The
> machine was basically a prototype for the TR-70.  There were a few
> changes according to the catalog that I have between it and the
> TR-70.  Notably the addition of the indicators and standard
> selection below the monitor.
>
> Side note about machines.  Did you know that RCA sold IVC one inch
> machines with the RCA name?
>
> Chris Hill
> WA8IGN

Skype: 	TedLangdell