[QuadList] From the TR 800 Crypt

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 24 14:22:29 CST 2011

Thanks for jogging my memory Phil.  I should have known it was you but my
memory is showing my age.   I too worked a short time in this "audit" room.
Along with John Nash, Nigel Stoddard (now in Buenos Aires) and the rest of
the group from Jersey Isle.  We indeed did fix the infant mortality issues
by cycling the machines for 100 hours in all modes.  Unfortunately, this
took the best 100 hours off the heads and guide except for the first few I
guess.  But the customer did get a better machine because of it.  But we all
knew time was running out in general for RCA.  Most of us were contract
workers.  I still have all the manuals for those machines tucked away in
California somewhere waiting for a better home.  I would guess the best of
those machines ended up at Action Video in LA where Dave Tosch (former RCA)
made them work quite well in post production.  I never ran into any others.
There are lots of war stories but left for a different thread or group if
necessary.  Gary