[QuadList] RCA Models

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:19:59 CST 2011

I must be missing something.  The purpose of the octaplex system was to
record two different video signals simultaneously.  The tracks are 5-mil
with a 45 degree displacment on the drum between channels.  So a 10 mil head
would certainly cross-track them, but in addition to the tracking errors,
you would have 2 different signals "on top" of each other.  I'm still not
understanding how you recovered that, or what the purpose was if the
octaplex was recording the same thing on both tracks.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com