[QuadList] RCA Models

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:34:09 CST 2011

Hi Dale:

The track specifications vary depending on exactly what was being done.  In
the case of the systems that were essentially "dual-track quads", the heads
were 5 mil and tape ran at 15 ips so each track was distinct but with half
the guard band dimension of standard quad.  For some of the slower speed
units as well as instrumentation recorders, there were other track
configurations.  I'm not aware of any machines that allowed anything other
than simultaneous recording of both tracks.  That was the whole purpose of
the design.

Don