[QuadList] Vital Slogan

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 11:37:49 CST 2011

They must have gotten there slogan from the politicians in  Washington.
There were a lot of engineering issues.

One example was the lack of a burst width pot in the black generator in the
 VIX-114 switcher.  With that missing, the burst could be a non standard
partial cycle.  it would cause a clamp problem further down the chain and
thus a every other line would have a different set up level.  I had to  modify
the switcher by putting a pot where a fixed resistor was located.   Told
them about it and they never did a thing about it.  It was not a  priority for
them.

I went to the factory for a Squeezoom school.  It was an interesting
place.  They never got the quality that they needed.  The wave  soldering was
poor.  The parts were not quality.  Look at all the  capacitors we replaced.
Look for the black band at the end of each one and  then replace it.  First
sign of it going bad.  All the sockets that  were bad.  The craftsman ship
was poor.

They still were better than some.  So I will not call them the Yugo of
switchers.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

In a message dated 2/27/2011 9:08:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,