[QuadList] Question of the week

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:01:13 CST 2011

Bill:

Thanks as always for your informative post!  I don't have any "B" version 3000's, but I do have a manual for the B and always wondered, since the head signals were available, did the Ampex package use external switching, demod, etc before the TBC, or was the video out of the 3000 fed directly to the TBC-900?  It seems like the only way to get "AVR-2 performance" would be to have an external signal system, but if so, was that another box or was it packaged with the TBC-900?

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com