[QuadList] Question of the week

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 11:59:25 CST 2011

Hi Folks,

I don't know anything about an AVR-1 "B", the project engineer, Charlie Coleman was off doing stuff that led to the DCRSI for the instrumentation group at Ampex.

I know that a "Mirror Image Kit" was made to create the ADR-150 Masters before I came to California.
I also got involved with a "WideBand Kit" to make a 6mhz NTSC signal system, for a Toronto customer and their LA consultant, Ken Holland.

The most unique AVR-1's were at Compact Video, and really looked impressive with the 8 rows of 8 red Nixie tubes where the side displays had been. They were relocated to the space between the top of the machine and the monitors.
This was one of Joe Sayovitch's greatest efforts.

Bill Carpenter