[QuadList] OT: How to move a VPR-80 in a sidecar cabinetwithout a truck or trailer--AVR 2 Next??

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:51:39 CST 2011

Hi Ted:

I agree with Park.....nice job!

The Tek 1720/1730 has a better feature set than it's older cousins, but the initial "warm-up" time required to stabilize is much greater than the older models.  They drift for awhile, so you need to be aware of that in a situation where they are not left powered up continuously.  After a minimum of 30 minutes, they're pretty stable, but not before.  There are also about 5 different versions of power supplies, which kind of indicates that there may have been a few design "challenges" in the earlier versions!  The later combination units like the 1740A (not 1740), 1750A, 1760 are much more stable.

I can't remember the specifics on the tube in the Barco CM22, but I don't think they ever had a Trinitron in their monitors.  I have a number of the Barco CVS series 13" monitors which I like a lot.  They offered several different tubes in those, indicated by a part number suffix.  Ampex sold the CM22 for $2,250 in the late 80's.  For console configurations with the large monitor, they offered a choice of the Tek 650HR for $4,950, the Barco CVS37 for $4,200 or the Ikegami TM14 for $2,045. Not really bad prices when amortized over the past 20+ years!

Here's a VPR-3 bridge with the 13" Barco and a 1750A.  Using a combo model leaves room for the 760A monitor.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com