[QuadList] Old XMTR stuff (was Videos about Quad machines on YouTube)

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 24 20:51:26 CST 2011

		On Jan 24, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Dale Lamm wrote:

 > We didn't have near as many FCC first phones on staff as you guys,
did you notice all the framed tickets above your transmitter shot?

		I answer:

	Yes, one of them was mine.  I still have it, but you know what it's
worth now.    ;)

		Dale also said:

 > Bet you didn't know the original exciter in WRET's XMTR (and ours)
was the world's first production solid-state UHF exciter.

		I nod in agreement:

	You'd be right; I did not know that.  Though I had a 1st 'phone
ticket, I merely operated the transmitter.  I never had the need to do
any real maintenance on it.  My job was maintaining the ACR-25 cart
machine.

		Dale continued:

 > Sorry I don't have any good quad video programs to contribute to
posterity.  I do have perhaps 2 hours total of UHF XMTR stuff..... how
to change a  klystron, how to multiplex aural into visual, and basic
TA-30 XMTR theory and operation.  All were shot with a TK-76 and
edited on Sony U-matic by yours truly.  These will make it to digital
and on to YouTube or similar, but can't promise when.
 > Thank you Dennis for placing your videos for all to enjoy!

		I say:

	I'd love to see some of your transmitter videos, Dale.  Please get it
onto Youtube soon!

	  					NBC Today Show, New York