[QuadList] More from the TVC website--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Jul 11 12:28:20 CDT 2011

Some other pictures in the "Television City" section are fascinating
history.

For example, Image 24 of 26:

http://www.cbstelevisioncity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1313-Vine-02-copy.jpg
CBS purchased Los Angeles television station KTSL in 1951 from Don Lee
Television. Renamed KNXT-TV, the station operated out of the Don Lee-
Mutual studios at 1313 N. Vine St. in Hollywood. The CBS Television
Network west coast Master Control operated from here until moving to
Television City in 1961. Local KNXT-TV productions originated here,
including Johnny Carson's "Carson's Cellar."

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences now occupies this
building, and the Association of Moving Image Archivists has offices
there.

Next month, The ReelThing XXVII will be held there in the Linwood Dunn
Theatre:
http://www.amianet.org/events/thereelthing/index.htm

Gary Adams and I usually make it, and we'd be happy to see any other
QuadList members for a dinner gathering on Thursday, Friday or
Saturday, August 18-20.