[QuadList] OT--Mac software for rack layouts. Cable management a plus

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Jul 30 13:11:03 CDT 2011

Wondering whether anybody on the list has run across or used any Mac
OS 10 compatible software for laying out equipment racks.

My Googling hasn't turned up anything so far.

I suspect programs like AutoCad would fit the bill—and might have a
library of icons for specific items of equipment like BVW-75's,
monitors and terminal gear.  But at $4K, I'm not sure I'd get a decent
ROI.

And dealing with the wiring involved would be beneficial.

We've been using MacDraft Personal Edition for some things around the
house and workshop... but think that something that's specific to the
task at hand would be faster, more fun, less of a chore and easier to
address customer-requested revisions.

Suggestions and actual user recommendations on or off list are fine.