[QuadList] RCA BROADCAST NEWS issues for free online viewing

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Tue Jul 12 09:46:17 CDT 2011

"Financially broken and mentally beaten after years of legal tussles with RCA and others, Armstrong lashed out at his wife with a fireplace poker, striking her on the arm. Fearing for her life, Marion fled their apartment and went to stay with her sister. Alone and depressed over the FM patent disputes, Armstrong removed the air conditioner from the window, dressed in his coat and hat and jumped to his death from the thirteenth floor of his New York City apartment on January 31, 1954. His body was found the next morning by a maintenance worker. His suicide note to his wife read: "May God help you and have mercy on my soul".[15][16] Upon hearing the news, David Sarnoff remarked "I did not kill Armstrong." Armstrong's widow Marion renewed the patent fight against RCA and finally prevailed. Unlike her husband, Marion was willing to compromise.[17][18]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Howard_Armstrong#Death

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward