[QuadList] Fwd: 1945 Color Video Vintage Footage VJ day in Hawaii

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 10:33:01 CDT 2011

This is a little off subject but the quality is excellent and several
members had parents that lived through this period.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

Great video Joe D !!

Walt

Subject: Fwd: 1945 Color Video Vintage Footage VJ day in  Hawaii

Great video of a Spontaneous Victory Parade in Honolulu   in 1945.

Take  a look at this absolutely fabulous video! Notice the cars and jeeps,
youth. The guys in khaki or gray shirts and black ties are Navy officers
 or chiefs. How young they all were to do what they did.

This  guy really captured a moment in history! (You can listen to Jimmy
Durante singing "I'll be Seeing You" in the background, too)

This is a super video of a time past - we need to remember and be THANKFUL.

Check out the color fidelity. It's not bad for 1945. Nothing will ever
compare with Kodachrome film.

Click here for the video:  _http://vimeo.com/5645171_
(http://vimeo.com/5645171)