[QuadList] OT—Reply OFF list—Made to measure 75 Ohm Video Cables—QuadList Member to Member

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Jun 13 12:03:09 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I've making new cable for the Transfer Lab and it looks like I need to order another 500 feet of video cable but I don't need all of it. So I thought I'd offer making a few cables for people on this email list. I'll do it at cost plus $3 per cable just to keep the demand a little lower. I don't want to make a lot of cables, just a few if you need some special lengths. You pay for shipping at cost.

A 10 foot cable would cost you $12.06.

$17.35 is the cost for a pre made 10 foot-cable from Markertek.

This could come in handy if you are using a 20 foot cable just to get 3 feet, as we all have done! Or if you need a little one foot jumper.

I bought the Canare crimp tool, dies and stripper so I could make my cables cut to length.

Please contact me off list.  park at videopark.com

Canare LV-61S RG59 75 Ohm Video Coaxial Cable, Yellow
$0.39 per foot

Canare's No. 1 selling coax. A very flexible RG59B/U equivalent that is perfect for all video facility equipment interfacing as well as video patch cord assemblies. Our smooth non-glare finish PVC jackets are available in 10 distinctive colors. (Chroma-Key Blue too!) >95% Braided Copper Shield Coverage.
Super Flexible 75 Ohm Coax
PE Dielectric
Stranded Center Conductor
Braided Shield

75 Ohm BNC Plug
$2.58
Three Piece Crimp Type Connectors for use with Standard and Canare Type Coaxial
MIL-C-39012 Spec with 75 Ohm Performance To Address The Latest Generation of High Bandwidth Video Equipment
Offers High Return Loss (>26dB) and Low VSWR (+/-1.1), DC to 2GHz
Features Special Elongated Body Handle for Firm Grip and Extra Finger Comfort
Gold Plated Center Crimp Pins
Canare RCAP-C4A RCA Crimp Connector for Canare LV-61S
$4.08
200 MHz performance / VSWR less than 1.1
True Crimping 2 Piece Assembly / Pin is Captive in Housing
No Soldering Involved / Drastically Reduces Assembly Time
Only One Tool & Die Set is Needed for Quick & Simple Assembly
Gold Plated Center Pin / Special Gripping Inner Contacts
Excellent Tensile Pulling Strength / Over 150 Pounds
Beautiful Finish / Attractive Appearance

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747