[QuadList] Paging Harold Deppe

george keller georgenann at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 08:56:58 CDT 2011

FYI,,

Years ago a couple of us went to a VPR 2 (?) Maint. course at ABC.  We had been working on the ACR's for a few years and had great respect for it.  One of the ABC guys took us around his plant and showed us the TCR and let us see how it worked by opening the back so we could see how it threaded tape.  When it started it's cycle, we both burst out laughing, it just seemed funny.  All I could think of was an automatic Chinese laundry ironing machine, with those arms coming out from somewhere and pulling the tape out of it's cart. This was the first time we had seen a TCR. I wonder what the geniuses at Ampex thought about that machine.  They had the right  idea.

Here is a trivia question, What is a "Puffer"??

George Keller