[QuadList] QuadQuiz: What company used a 2" Quad machine for digital audi...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Jun 3 19:02:45 CDT 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Dennis Degan wrote:

> I also don't recall any quad VTR with digital audio capability.
> Certainly not digital audio in addition to the analog video.

See QuadQuiz: Answer to-What company used a 2" Quad machine for
digital audio recording?

In 1972, Denon unveiled the DN-023R, an 8-channel system featuring 13-
bit resolution and a sampling rate of 47.25kHz. The system used a
Hitachi (then called Shiba Electronics) 4-head open-reel broadcast VTR
as its storage format.

The machine used appears to be a Shibaden SV-7000.