[QuadList] the 4th turret type sockets and eye hanger things///hanger for...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 12:04:22 CDT 2011

Thanks   Brian!
Ok to steady the  long lenses I can almost  envision a  rig of cables and
turnbuckles...

In my catalogs here aside  from  the heavy zoomars  there are lot of really
long fixed length lenses   that did not  come with  turret hole plugs that
had  hook   eyes on them like the zoomar kit offered.

It makes sense  to anchor to  SOMEWHERE  on the turret instead of the
camera in case you ever  wanted to rotate the turret while it was rigged.

Pondering this... One thing to  consider though in even using the other
turret positions while a really long  lens is on one hole you would have a
problem of the shorter wider field   lenses SEEING  the  long lens in the
picture... In Fact it  would  seem that the  35 50 90 and 135 Eastman Kodak Ektar
lenses in a  normal turret would have to be positioned correctly also  to
prevent LENS  IMAGE INTRUSION in  the  fame...

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist  for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

. Hi Ed

Re the "hangers" if this was a BBC camera  I would say that they were for
attaching safety bonds to hold the lens if they  were to fall.

Sorry for late rely, in box overload.

Brian Summers