[QuadList] Ampex Models

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 02:11:35 CST 2011

When I worked at WCPX in Orlando in 1997 we had an ACR-225. I was told a story of the ACR-25 it replaced. When the blower for one of the vacuum columns broke, they replaced it with a vacuum cleaner.

I never got to see an ACR-25 in operation. This is the closest I've been:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_YXCNpTfAg

Amazing contrast to the TCR.