[QuadList] ACR-25/TCR-100 side by side (Was Ampex Models)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Mar 2 02:45:55 CST 2011

At the risk of someone saying "There goes Langdell again..."

You'll need to bring the cart to NAB 2016 and with the deck-owner's
permission, we'll see what's on it.

Training.  Hmm. There's an idea.

If there's an deck owner willing, perhaps that's possible.  Maybe as a
lead in to "Drive a Quad" like the Portola Rail Museum does with its
locomotives.

Or for a less complex concept:  "Pay to Push Play?"

I've been up Waaaay to late. :)

Ted

On Mar 2, 2011, at 12:26 AM, Scott Thomas wrote:

> Sure, you'll take my money, but not the cart? :)
>
> Can I get some training as well? The only Quad I've operated was a
> TCR-100. :) Just pressed record, never did setup on a machine.
>

> After hearing what happened to the Ampex machine that was on the
> floor in 2006, Yes, security is an issue.
>

> On Mar 2, 2011, at 3:18 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:
>
>> Scott:  We'll take your money : )
>>
>> Would anyone care to make it a monthly contribution to the "Quads
>> At NAB 2016 Fund," ala NCE stations?  I can set up a PayPal account
>> and an oversight process for those who want to contribute to the
>> deferral of expenses.
>>
>> Tim:  How about a VR-1200 or 2000?  An AVR-2 or 3 if still on the
>> property.
>>
>> Guy: Are you game for some RCA representation?
>>
>> Air compressor suggestions (unless the Convention Center has air
>> piped around. They have natural gas in the floor of some CC's so I
>> wouldn't be surprised to find compressed air.
>>
>> Given the lead-time, I think it's doable... and with security for
>> equipment while there, and on the way out of the building.
>>
>> Ted

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com