[QuadList] Ampex Head Lines newsletter--Here's a look back to 1959

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Mar 3 11:21:28 CST 2011

Interesting that KPRC was an early Ampex user, but was all RCA videotape by the early 1970's with six TR 70's and two TCR 100's. KRLD (later KDFW) stayed Ampex all the way. I don't think they ever had any RCA gear whatsoever. WOAI had both I believe.

KPRC VTR room, 1973.

David Crosthwait
DC Video
2" Videotape Migration and more