[QuadList] Ampex AVR-3

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 17:10:47 CST 2011

I was wondering if anybody knows just how many different flavors of AVR-3's did Ampex make?

I am working on 5 of them and can clearly see 3 distinctly different types of wiring harnesses between the machines.

So far, the only cards I find that will not interchange between the models is the #22.

Is there any kind of quick reference (other than the manuals) to tell which series of cards work best with which machines?

Also does anybody have a spare #15 audio card that they might be willing to sell?
I have one that shorted out and totally charred.

Thanks