[QuadList] Ampex Vr2000 team

Bill bherzog at budget.net
Wed May 18 23:40:12 CDT 2011

Some of you may remember individuals on the Ampex VR2000 team.  This
picture was taken about a year after the VR2000 was production
released.  I will list the men left to right and what they did on the
VR2000 team to the best of my memory.
1. Grant Smith, project administrator
2. Phil Adams, asst. to Grant Smith, Hal Clark
3. Jerry Hoey, asst. To Grant Smith, Hal Clark
4. Peter Jensen, Channel and Master Equalizers, Colortec
5. Roy Becker, Mechanical, Packaging,Documentation
6. Tony Booker, Maintenance of Product Design, Tapes
7. Harold Clark, Servos
8. Bill ?, Lead technician
9. Charlie Crum, Systems Engineer
10. Hank Kuge, asst. to Hal Clark
11. Al Trost, Demod, Filters, Proc Amp
12. Dawn Boynton, asst. to Al Trost
13. Elwin Macrae, Mechanical, Packaging
14. ???  I believe he was liaison with manufacturing.
15. Steve ?,  Mechanical
16. Bill Herzog, asst. to Peter Jensen, Charlie Coleman
17. Charlie Coleman, Project Engineer, Record Amps, Preamps, System
design, Amtec
Actually everyone above worked to Charlie Coleman's requirements.  It
became known to everyone in the company who had anything to do with the
VR2000 that there was a new unit of measurement, the "Coleman unit".  A
Coleman unit was so small that we didn't have instrumentation to measure
it, you just did the very best you could.

There were several men missing on picture day.  I can think of the
following:  Mike Felix, mathematician and modulator designer, Merv Falk,
mathematician and playback network designer, Bob Atchison,responsible
for all testing in manufacturing.

I apologize if I left anyone out or didn't credit properly, but it has
been about 48 years.