[QuadList] OT: "Deterioration" Determination?

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu May 12 15:52:32 CDT 2011

Since I have not worked with tape in a number of years, I will give my
thoughts on what I have seen in the past.  My biggest thing was when  the
binder broke down and the oxide came off the tape.  That is what I used  as the
failure mode for a video tape.  I saw a few other things such as  excessive
dropouts or the binder being cracked by being played before the tape  had
warmed up to room temperature.  There were other things that were minor  but
these were the two biggest things that I have experienced as to tape break
down.

I understand that there are others but none that I have experienced.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 5/12/2011 2:27:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,