[QuadList] Training Classes

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 19 09:13:03 CDT 2011

First.  I don't doubt this at all.  Presenting the other side.  The RCA
training seemed quite good as well, but I suspect the earlier machines had a
more thorough study than the last machines.  They also provided classes on
the Sony 1 Inch gear.  The original manuals for the older gear were quite
descriptive down to the circuits similar to what George describes.  The
later stuff (TR-600) didn't have much at all.  Probably due to a variety of
reasons like time, money, and need.

While I would have much rather spent the time in Redwood City than Camden,
the experience was worth it.

The instructors I remember were John Wentworth, Bob Hurst, and Charlie
Pierce.  I would say after the TCR training course, I fully understand how a
flip-flop works since it was comprised of individual components spanning
four separate circuit boards J.   Oh yes.  A ring counter must have been
used in just about every board.  The classes are great for coverage and
socializing with others.  On The Job becomes the best training however.   It
just takes a bit longer than a week.

Gary