[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 40, Issue 18

Neill, Patrick Patrick.Neill at detini.gov.uk
Tue Nov 1 04:39:06 CDT 2011

 Really Interesting to see that Granada TV in Manchester England had more Ampex VTRs in its studios and OB units than the BBC the UK National broadcaster. As far as I know in 1959 the BBC had 2 Ampex VTRs IN ITS Lime Grove Studios and 1 VTR in a mobile unit.

Pages 18 to 20 of BBC Engineering edition 81 which is here give some information on the early days of VTR in the BBC.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/archive/pdffiles/engineering/bbc_engineering_81.pdf

Members may be interested in the other editions of BBC Engineering and the BBC Monographs which are available here-

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/archive/pdffiles/engineering/bbc_engineering_81.pdf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/library/bbc_monographs/

BBC Monograph 57 Drop Out in Video Tape Recording of June 1965 may be of interest-

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/archive/pdffiles/monographs/bbc_monograph_57.pdf

Patrick Neill

Message: 1