[QuadList] Fuji vs 3M tape

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Thu Nov 24 10:33:15 CST 2011

While prepping a large transfer job, I noticed two Fuji Quad reels amid the hundreds of 3M 400 reels. So far, every 3M reel I have examined will need baking. When I looked at the Fuji tape, it was perfect! No shedding, no sticky. It even packed perfectly.

I used Fuji as my primary tape in the 80 and 90s. I have always liked it. The tape is a bit stiffer than 3M and the one Ampex reel is quite a but softer than the 3M.

Cheers to Fuji! I'd be interested to hear what others have found comparing tape stock.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747