[QuadList] Fuji vs 3M tape

Trevor videovault at sky.com
Thu Nov 24 11:42:51 CST 2011

The problem being when you make the recordings you don't know how they will
stand the test of time

Hence the Bloody Chroma 90 followed shortly by 3m's 420
We just chose them because they were better on signal to noise which matters
in an Analogue world

When the problem kicked in with Chroma 90 Memorex kept saying its fixed on
this batch (they lied)
At least 3mm's gave it a new number so you could revert to 400 (and they
were honest)

Fuji was around (just) and  with hind sight if we knew then what we know now
it would have been a good option

TrevorB
UK member