[QuadList] extracting one frame

Chuck Reti cwreti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:21:54 CST 2011

On Nov 24, 2011, at Nov 24 1:14 PM, Shai Drori wrote:

> Please excuse the cross posting. I need to make a poster with one
> frame from a video file. I need to make a tiff file from it. Anyone
> knows a freeware that will do that? Or a cheap program as this is a
> one time job?
> Thanks
> Shai Drori
> Freelance

If you own or have access to it, most "pro" video editing software
have provisions for exporting a single frame to a preferred still
format.
Quicktime 7 (QT Pro) also does this easily. Park on desired frame,
Set an in/out around it, Export>Movie to Picture.
Use "Options" to choose TiFF. Resulting picture file has .pct
extension, reset to .tif and it's done.
Keep in mind that a standard def video frame, blown up to poster
size, is often not pretty!

Chuck Reti
Detroit MI