[QuadList] Magni MM-400 Elpac Elpac! need further info

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 10:58:54 CST 2011

The ELPAC  with   +5 2A , +12 1.5A   -12  .5A  that we  have  should be ok
to test it  with then  as  the 5V is a little higher amperage than yours
that is operation.... a  little higher..  but  yes if it  runs warm  a good
idea to  replace!

.

Larry - Many many  thanks  for  you help on the power supply  data!

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web  Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

No, Ed, I got the MM-400 here mounted inside a RCA TR-70c quad  VTR. It is
hooked up to the machine's supplies.

I removed it and used a workbench supply to measure the current
consumption with.
There is no name or data on the bench supply I am using here. It is a
common, general purpose, open frame switching supply.
One detail I noticed is this one is probably not big enough in the +5v
department, it got pretty hot after a few minutes, but didnt go up in
smoke.(yet)
I think I would suggest  trying to find one with  about a 5-6 Amp rating on
the +5v output, and maybe a 1-2 Amp rating on the +-  12v supplies.
I had tried using a 3 amp linear for the +5v before, but without much
luck. I guess the inrush current is too much load and causes the regulator to
shutdown(protect).
Hope this helps!
larry
LE Odham