[QuadList] We interrupt for a few announcements of a commercial, but potentially helpful nature--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Oct 3 12:34:57 CDT 2011

We ordinarily don't post overtly commercial messages to the list, so
as to keep the content focused.

But from time to time, there is relevant information of a commercial
nature that can help with the mission of "preserving Quad Videotape
content, equipment, and the knowledge related..."

To that end:

A recent poster noted an AVR-2 card cage with cards had been posted on
ebay by QuadList member Tony Korte of VideoMagnetics, the only Quad
head rebuilder left standing.

Several posts later, recent QuadList subscriber Lou Claude of the
Broadcaststore.com/Alteran Technologies responded to the thread using
a non-subscribed e-mail address.  His message was held because of
that.  Lou wrote:

"We do have a few complete AVR-2 and AVR-2P units, some spare parts and
boards in stock. As you may know, we buy, sell and service broadcast
VTRs
for many years, and provide quality machines for videotapes digital
archiving. You can always contact me. Please do not expect ebay pricing
because it is expensive to run a business like this. My cel is
818-968-4190
Best Regards"

Since we've mentioned Tony and Videomagnetics:

Recently, my company, flashscan8.us began working with Tony to help
boost awareness of VideoMagnetics' capabilities, and help customers
who've been holding off getting rebuilding on Quad and other heads
find a helpful price if they can do a quantity of rebuilds over time.

Please take a look here  http://flashscan8.us/#QuadHeads and the
"SteadyFlow™" Head Rebuilding Plan.

Waiting to have heads rebuilt one at a time could prove costly.
Turnaround can be delayed due to
work already at VideoMagnetics. Rush charges aren't fun to pay. Prices
rise when parts and materials
become harder to source or become unobtainable. Avoid those problems
and others with the new
"Steady Flow™ " Head Rebuilding Plan
Customers commit to the plan and send in heads to be rebuilt on a
regular schedule.

They get a break on the single-head rebuilding price, and a "steady
flow" of heads of heads returning, ready to safely transfer valuable
tapes.

Quotes available for:

Ampex and RCA Quad
Ampex, Sony and Hitachi 1" Type C
Sony Betacam family including SP, SX and Digital Betacam
Sony 3/4" U-Matic
Panasonic DVC Pro Head assemblies and parts.

If you'd like to investigate how this would help you, click on I need
a "Steady Flow™" Quote.

PDF Flyer attached for easy reference.

OK, so you have a bunch of heads (Quad or Helical) on the shelf, and
think some are good to use, but don't know about others.

Get Your Heads Examined with our "Head Health Checkup."

The attached flyer outlines what the exam includes for Quad and Helical.

  Here's what will be done for your Quad heads;

Quad Head Checkup for Ampex and RCA  $250.00
• Measure Headwheel tips for head life:
• If head has usable life with
• Ferrite—1.2 to 2.6 mil range
• Metal— 1.8  to 2.6 mil range
• We’ll Measure Control Track Head Wear and Placement.
• Adjust Quad Headwheel Balance and Quadrature Error
• Replace Worn Gaskets.
• Make sure head interchanges properly for playback

If head assembly is worn or needs additional work, IE: Transformer,
thrust and bearing, guide or guide
edge damage repair, customer will be advised of costs.
If after adjustments the head does not meet specifications, a complete
refurbishment will be
recommended. The $250.00 inspection cost will be deducted from the
refurbishing cost if customer
has the work done while head is still at VMI.

A flyer is attached for further information about Helical equipment.

If you'd like to investigate how this would help you, click on I need
a "Head Health Checkup™" and tell us what heads you'd like examined.
We'll get back to you with next steps.

If you have heads but have been holding off... don't wait until the
ability to rebuild—especially Quad—becomes unobtanium.

Hope this was helpful.  We may do this from time to time as a service
to all... but don't want things to become a pain.

Comments off-list please to Commercial Postings on the QuadList

A weekly classified listing is also a possibility.

Hope you all have a great week!