[QuadList] The Ed Shape KF7RWW ATV gathering project for the communicatio...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 05:23:14 CDT 2011

Corrected call in  header!

n a message dated 10/23/2011 3:16:05 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
COURYHOUSE at aol.com writes:

ok had a couple inquiries form  my other post asking   what I was up to so
here are some more details

A moth ago I got my General class  Amateur Radio License as  a few of you
know.

As A kid could have passed the theory portion in 6th  grade  but was
totally  Morse code dyslectic... so  I spent my  time  helping other people build
and fix things...  Time passed and    eons later  well   the  code
requirement went away  so... I finally got my license. Next month I may take a stab
at the Extra test  as well.

We have always had a display of Amateur  Radio equipment  here at the
museum ... 1kw  spark transmitter,  Collins KWS1   and  lots of  other  Ham and
SWL gear and the library is pretty  full too!

There was one big gap,  with is the ATV display  we are  now building.
Some of it was already  on  the shelf like CONAR  Cameras and  some of the
older  CCTV stuff Hams   adapted..

Even some nice photo of converted surplus gear such as this one  we bought
the negatives of.

W6UZO Amateur Radio Television
 (http://www.smecc.org/video/am-television1.jpg)
(http://www.smecc.org/video/w6uzo.jpg)

Please can you tell us more about this fellow and  his camera?
Note the 'creative' use of military surplus parts and  cabinetry to build
this camera..  Kudos to this pioneer!
WAS MENTIONED THAT THEY WERE TAKEN IN THE WENTSWORTH STORE IN  THE
WESTCHESTER DISTRICT OF LOS ANGELES
 (http://www.smecc.org/video/wpe3gm5i8fm5f.gif)

so... there you have it!
Looking to  amass a groups of  equipment  that   does a good timeline....
looking to add more to the   museum's library...
BUT!  Also  would be  fin to put   some of it on the air!

The  idea has been suggested to me about a museum  active  amateur
station.... this  might be   fun!
Any.. read on... drop me a note off list.

Ed#

 here is  what we are looking  for  the ATV display.
both the physical one in the building and the  online  pages...

we need photos, early catalog issues and  magazines.

Also:
Posters
coil kits

First complete ATV cameras and  tx /rx  equipment.

other suggestions welcome!

These were be  for a physical display plus an added  section  to the
reference library we have and also add  material to  the SMECC website.

Please feel free to forward this  letter to  others  with interest in the
history of  ATV

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for  SMECC
KF7RWW

See the Museum's Web Site  at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We  are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library -  please advise if you have anything we can  use.

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you  have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.  Phone 623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301 USA

CONFIDENZIALE:  Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se  vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati,  siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni  contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o  copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments  are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If you are not one of  the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you  should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the  information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any  form.