[QuadList] (Commercial announcement) Head Assembly Rebuilding and Head Health Checkup incentives

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Oct 30 21:08:07 CDT 2011

To keep the SNR high, and conflict of interest low, I don't ordinarily post commercial messages on the QuadList, especially ones that I'd benefit from.

In the spirit of "Preserving Tape, Equipment, and the Knowledge to use them..." I'm passing this along as part of that effort.

What's up:
Wearing my other hat—flashscan8.us—I'm working with Tony Korte at VideoMagnetics to help folks who have been stockpiling heads get them rebuilt or need heads or assemblies examined with some beneficial incentives.

To wait or to not wait...
Some folks have been holding back on refurbishing until work comes in, or not getting work done because they think the cost is too much.

That's actually hurting the long-term potential to get Quad heads rebuilt, for several reasons.

VideoMagnetics is the last Quad head rebuilder on the planet—unless there's someone hiding under a rock someplace.

Lack of volume has forced cost increases for head work, particularly as costs of components have gone up.  Simple economics are at work here.

How you can benefit:
Tony's looking for business, and through that business, a way to ensure that those who need Quad work done can do so in the near future... and perhaps beyond.

If there's work, Tony can keep the doors open.  If there's not enough business...

We'll, we don't want to see that happen. So there are two things that can help in the short-term:

Head rebuilding in quantity:
There's the "SteadyFlow™" program for folks with a large number of head assemblies on the shelf, that need to be rebuilt and sent back a few at a time so there's a continuous supply, but not a huge outlay all at once.  The incentive can be significant if the volume is large.

Head Health Checkup:
For folks who have head assemblies on the shelf but no idea what shape they're in, you can "Get Your Heads Examined" with the "Head Health Checkup."  This offers a relatively low cost way to see what might need to be done and get a cost on doing so.

Not just for Quad!
The programs are available for Quad, 1" Type C, and 3/4."

Details:
I've attached two PDF's outlining details for each program.  Prices are in the PDFs.

Next steps:
If you need information or want to do some business...

Please contact me off-list at ted at flashscan8.us with subject: "Head Assembly Rebuilding and Head Health Checkup incentives--Info request"

Make sure I have both your e-mail and daytime phone numbers, and some idea of what you need to have done.  We'll get back to you and go from there.

Hope this is helpful.

CEO
flashscan8.us
iPhone:  (530) 301-2931