[QuadList] Sarnoff Research International

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 15 14:30:32 CDT 2011

I was doing a trade show (CCW) in New York this week and was pleasantly
surprised to find Quad Group member Norm Hurst at a booth not 10 feet from
our own.  The work they do is amazing and in the 5 minutes, I learned a lot
about compression testing.  Quite an amazing test pattern.  I had not met
Norm, but looked at his badge and remembered I had worked with his father,
Bob Hurst, at RCA in the late 70s.  Among other things, Bob had worked on
the TCR-100 and held significant patents with RCA.  It was interesting to
see and learn about various amounts of compression. Now I want to go to my
cable provider and tell them to "Back Off!".  You will also note Sarnoff is
related to the new search technology in the iPhone 4s as well.  Hope I got
that right.  Anyway.  Nice to meet you Norm.  Maybe a Nipper image would go
nice in the test pattern J

Gary Adams