[QuadList] Recortec timer issue

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Thu Sep 22 15:30:44 CDT 2011

The Recortec timer that was installed on my TR-70C suddenly stopped
counting on machine powerup last night.  Just sits with all zeros.
I have no documentation for this thing, as someone installed it after
the fact, and no experience with Recortec timers at all. All my quads,
"back in the day" had mechanical timer/counters.
Do these things have a historically common failure mode?  Is there a
lamp/photocell/slotted disc arrangement and possibly just a failed lamp?
I haven't opened it up yet, but I thought I would check the vast
knowledge here on the list and see if I can get some idea what I'm
getting into before I take the machine offline to deal with it.
thanks
Guy

--
Guy Spiller