[QuadList] SMECC Had a TR-5 Quad delivered today!

chill315 at aol.com chill315 at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 21:04:49 CDT 2012

A couple of easy ways.

First the MI- number for a ball bearing head and an air head are different.  You can look in the book or a catalog sheet.

Second, try to rotate the head by hand.  If if will turn with out any strength required, then it is a ball bearing head.  If it resist at all do not force.

As far as I know, most would be air bearing.  You can use a regular compressor if you do a lot of filtering and water trapping.  Make sure that the filter gets all oil and is down to certain micron size.  Maybe someone has those specs.

Chris Hill