[QuadList] save htis and look tr4 converts to hi bandbutalsoneed modul...

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 7 10:22:44 CDT 2012

Ed:

The key to what John described is that the VR-1100 included Amtec which provides time base correction.  Although Colortec is required to get properly locked subcarrier, the output from Amtec is sufficient to "work" with many monitors if everything is very carefully adjusted as he described.  The problem with the TR-5 is that it has no type of time base correction at all, so the output is only usable in B&W.  You can certainly add external devices to allow color playback into a monitor, but again, I would raise the question of whether that accurately portrays the machine in a museum setting.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com