[QuadList] save htis and look tr4 converts to hi bandbutalsoneed modul...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 10:33:51 CDT 2012

Don: OK!  Got it! sooo......   just demo it into a b/w  monitor  for  the
visitors then?

Ed#

In a message dated 4/7/2012 8:23:04 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dwnorwood at embarqmail.com writes:

Ed:

The key to what John described is that the VR-1100 included  Amtec which
provides time base correction.  Although Colortec is required  to get properly
locked subcarrier, the output from Amtec is sufficient to  "work" with many
monitors if everything is very carefully adjusted as he  described.  The
problem with the TR-5 is that it has no type of time base  correction at all,
so the output is only usable in B&W.  You can  certainly add external
devices to allow color playback into a monitor, but  again, I would raise the
question of whether that accurately portrays the  machine in a museum setting.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications,  Inc.
_www.digitrakcom.com_ (http://www.digitrakcom.com/)