[QuadList] save htis and look tr4 converts to hi band but alsoneed modul...

Chuck Reti cwreti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:04:52 CDT 2012

The homebrew High Band playback mod done at then-Kaiser WKBD Detroit,
was designed by my good friend, the very brilliant Michael Hennessey.
Before Mike joined the WKBD staff, he had worked with me at Wayne
State University TV. He and WKBD provided us with a copy of the
instructions for this procedure, which I installed on our TR-4.
This allowed for playback, but not record, of tapes made on our TR-70
and from outside sources.
I still have a copy of Mike's detailed instructions, drawings and
photos for this project.

Regarding the TR-5, it was our Remote machine and backup studio
recorder at WSU in the monochrome days.
Yes, it took at least two men and an ox to push it up the ramp into
the truck, and haul-in remotes were always a great treat.
Ours had wheels with at least two locking. HW panels were ball
bearing, no air kit.

Chuck Reti
Detroit MI
WV8A