[QuadList] OT: John Lowry

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 11 09:50:01 CDT 2012

There is an nice obituary in the SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal this month.  While I have never met him personally, I have been to several of his facilities.  I know others in this group have worked with John so I am not saying anything new.  Steering more towards topic, I remember visiting Image Transform in the late 70s and saw several highly modified quads for extremely wide band video.  It was always interesting to me to see people tweaking and modifying devices making them better over time.  Certainly true for Quad machines.  It was interesting to learn what John has done.  And the article was written by Merrill Weiss, no less a contributor to the industry.

Gary