[QuadList] RCA Headwheel

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Wed Aug 15 02:05:56 CDT 2012

Awhile back I posted an image of a RCA Headwheel case. Sadly that was thrown out before I could get it, but the headwheel that was in it is now in my possession.

This headwheel may have been a spare at the former ABC affiliate in the Fort Myers-Naples market, WEVU-TV. There is a sticker that indicates that it was at one time at WTVF in Nashville. WEVU had bought a second TCR-100 at some point. Perhaps it was from that station?
The engineer who this belonged to is retiring, and gave it to me. He had thoughts of putting it on (or in) a coffee table, but seems to have changed his mind.

My questions are as follows...
Is this of use to anyone on the list?
Should I list it on E-Bay?
Is there a value to be attached to it?

One obvious thing I noticed; The vacuum guide hose probably needs to be replaced. It's not cracked, but has come off the guide, and is too hard to re-attach.
>From messages here earlier, we know not to attempt to rotate the wheel.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Scott Thomas