[QuadList] Quad Carts--Links to RCA and Ampex photo examples

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Aug 15 10:42:27 CDT 2012

On this page,  http://www.labguysworld.com/QuadCarts.htm  Richard says:
"I have been informed, by an informed source, that these cassettes are standardized and interchangeable."

which seems at odds with the fact that an RCA cassette would not have any mechanics to open the protective flaps if it was somehow parked in an Ampex ACR-25.

Maybe he meant the tape inside was basically interchangeable... if spooled out of the housing.  ??

Ted