[QuadList] Ampex 117V A.C. Electric Torque Motor 2.2 Amps 1PhaseUNUSED

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:12:58 CDT 2012

Hi Chris:

It certainly looks similar, but the part number doesn't match anything I can find, and I noticed 2 things.  Looking at the other pictures in the listing, there is a "cover" over the back of the brake assembly.  I don't remember ever seeing one like that but I guess it would be possible for the supply side, but not the take-up side with the motion sensing.  Also, the description says the shaft length is 7/8".  That doesn't seem long enough, but I'm not certain about that.

I'd guess maybe from an AG-440-8 1" deck (which had a different transport from the usual 1/4"-1/2" version) or maybe an instrumentation recorder.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com
  Ampex 117V A.C. Electric Torque Motor 2.2 Amps 1Phase UNUSED

  Is this a reel motor for a quad?  If so it looks like it has the brake assembly.