[QuadList] Quad Carts--Links to RCA and Ampex photo examples

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 13:52:21 CDT 2012

Are you sure your not confusing MII with S-VHS?
MII Had some initial problems with tape formulations, but the quality was comparable to Betacam-SP.
When Letterman went MII, I remember seeing a lot of tape dropouts.

>From what I read in the past, I thought Carson had rejected MII outright, and never used it. (It was a long time ago though)

My brother was a promotion editor at WMC in Memphis where they had a mix of Beta and MII. He seemed rather impressed with the format. This was around 1994.

Scott Thomas