[QuadList] Servo Modes

chill315 at aol.com chill315 at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 10:02:55 CDT 2012

Gary

I agree with you regarding the state of many machines in TV stations.  I went to one and all four heads in the ACRs were down below a half mil.  No one could figure out why the dropouts were so bad.

VR 1200 Lock up times were terrible.  After a few hours on each machine they looked a lot better.  Still could not break the habit of some operators of using H lock mode.

I also found that a number of folks had no idea about standards and operations to make them look good.  It was throw a tape on and it was good enough.

Chris Hill