[QuadList] Servo Modes

Wayne Watson wayne.watson at sait.ca
Thu Aug 23 23:50:11 CDT 2012

Excellent description and I agree. The AVR-1 and ACR-25 performed the fast (200 ms lock) regularly. I also agree the two main issues seemed to be the no pinch roller vacuum capstan and the wide TBC (binary switched glass delay line TBC)
Also related to a similar thread we (an independent station with no network spot support) ran our only ACR direct to air for many years. It was something us techs were very proud of.
So......speaking of proud....it is absolutely amazing what engineers did 30 to 40 years ago with no  operating systems to take advantage of. Three developments to think about are the above fast lock VTR's; the Chyron and the ADO. I think most of this using massive TTL logic?
Someone can back me up here but I think the ADO had a 200 Amp 5 volt supply to run all those chips. The Chyron and ACR (logic bay) even did all this with wire wrap on the chips (I think)

Sent from my iPad
Wayne Watson
Calgary Canada
Wayne.watson at sait.ca<mailto:Wayne.watson at sait.ca>