[QuadList] Servo Modes

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:03:43 CDT 2012

Hi Dennis:

I agree. But wasn't the use of wire-wrap also due to board density requirements?  I don't think multi-layer (other than double-sided) pcb's were common at the time.  Here are a couple of pics (front & back) of a reference sync processor from an early 70's Ampex VPR-7900.  I don't think that level of density would have been possible with a double-sided board.  The wire-wrap system is quite reliable, and this board is still functioning perfectly 40 years later.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com